Job Posting: Jr. High Ministry Director
Cornerstone is seeking a mature leader to fill the half-time position of Jr. High Ministry Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Jr. High Ministry Director is responsible for the efficient flow of communication and resources, within the various components of Jr. High Ministry (ministries aimed at students in Grades 6-8). Currently, we have been running a Thursday evening and Sunday morning program for these students. The Director will:
- Recruit and resource others into this ministry.
- Communicate ministry issues/concerns to the staff, boards and congregation.
- Be responsible for scheduling and administration of Jr. High Ministries.
- Work in partnership with ministry leaders and pastoral staff to evaluate curriculum and effectiveness of Jr. High Ministries.
- Resource and equip volunteers in more effectively discipling students.
- Communicate with parents to better understand the needs of families within Cornerstone
- Coordinate budget requests and oversee budget spending.
Reporting and Accountability
The Jr. High Ministry Director reports to the Community Life Pastor.
To qualify to be the Jr. High Ministry Director one must:
- Meet the Biblical character qualifications of eldership as set out in Titus 1 and 1 Timothy 3.
- Demonstrate the capacity to build and lead ministry teams.
- Have experience in disciple-making among students.
- Demonstrate gifting in communication and administration.
- Have the capacity to equip and lead ministry leaders.
- Be able to align with the Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith.
Hours are flexible, and it is expected that some weeks/months will be more intensive than others. On average, we expect that this role will require approximately 20 hours per week. Some of the work can be done from home, though the majority of the work will be done from Cornerstone's office.
Interested candidates are invited to send a resume and a one-page summary of interest in pdf format to Andrew Thiessen at email@example.com.
Candidates who will be considered for this role will be contacted by July 5, 2019.