Job Posting: Children's Ministry Director
Cornerstone is seeking a mature leader to fill the half-time position of Children's Ministry Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Children’s Ministry Director is responsible for the efficient flow of communication and resources, within the various components of Children’s Ministry (ministries to children from Nursery to Grade 5). The position is that of support, encouragement and coordination, and is not intended to replace all of the current volunteer leadership of the various Children’s Ministry components. The Director seeks to recruit and resource others into ministry. The Director will:
- Serve as point of contact for ministry leaders and workers within Children’s Ministry
- Communicate children’s ministry issues/concerns to the pastoral staff, boards and congregation.
- Recruit volunteers, and help place them in ministry areas where they can flourish.
- Be responsible for scheduling and administration of children’s education ministries - i.e. Sunday mornings and special ministries as needed.
- Work in partnership with ministry leaders and pastoral staff to evaluate curriculum and effectiveness of Children's Ministries.
- Seek out resources to Equip volunteers in more effectively discipling children
- Call and host regular meetings to provide opportunities for equipping workers and to facilitate discussion among various ministry leaders
- Communicate with parents to better understand the needs of families within Cornerstone
- Coordinate budget requests and oversee budget spending.
- Coordinate with and assist other Ministry Leaders to ensure that the needs of children are addressed in Cornerstone events
Reporting and Accountability
The Children’s Ministry Director reports to the Teaching Pastor.
Hours are flexible, and it is expected that some weeks/months will be more intensive than others. On average, we expect that this role will require approximately 20 hours per week. Some of the work can be done from home, though the majority of the work will be done from Cornerstone's office.
To qualify to be the Children’s Ministry Director one must:
- Meet the Biblical character qualifications of eldership as set out in Titus 1 and 1 Timothy 3.
- Demonstrate the capacity to build and lead ministry teams.
- Have experience in disciple-making among children.
- Demonstrate gifting in communication and administration.
- Have the capacity to equip and lead ministry leaders.
- Be able to align with the Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith.
Interested candidates are invited to send a resume and a one-page summary of interest in pdf format to Andrew Thiessen at email@example.com.
Candidates who will be considered for this role will be contacted by July 5, 2019.