Job Posting: Children's Ministry Director
Cornerstone is seeking a mature leader to fill the half-time position of Children's Ministry Director.
Roles and Responsibilities
The Children’s Program Director is responsible for the efficient flow of communication and resources within the various components of our Sunday School Program (Nursery - Grade 8) during our weekly worship gathering and special services/events throughout the year (ie Christmas, Easter, Church Retreat, etc.). Additionally, the Children’s Program Director will give leadership to our Day Camp Program during the summer months. The position is that of leadership through vision setting, equipping, encouragement, coordination & team building.
The Director will:
- Serve as point of contact for program leaders and workers within the Sunday School program
- Recruit volunteers and help place them in program areas where they can flourish, identifying and raising up leaders among them.
- Scheduling and administration of the Sunday School Program (including the Check-Ins Team)
- Communicate issues/concerns related to the Sunday School Program & Day Camp to the Executive Leadership Team (via the Community Life Pastor)
- Work in partnership with program leaders and Teaching Pastor to determine and evaluate curriculum effectiveness
- Seek out resources and plan opportunities to equip volunteers to lead more effectively in their program position and ministry
- Coordinate budget requests and oversee budget spending of the Sunday School Program & Day Camp
- Coordinate with and assist other program leaders and pastors to ensure that the needs of children are being addressed in Cornerstone events and programs
- Coordinate with the Plan to Protect Administrator to ensure our Safe Place Policy is being adhered to in all areas of oversight
- Write and submit grant application for Day Camp funding and oversee the hiring and support of all Day Camp Staff (with support from Outreach Pastor)
Reporting and Accountability
The Children’s Ministry Director reports to the Community Life Pastor.
Hours are flexible, and it is expected that some weeks/months will be more intensive than others. On average, we expect that this role will require approximately 20 hours per week. Some of the work can be done from home, though the majority of the work will be done from Cornerstone's office.
To qualify to be the Children’s Ministry Director one must:
- Meet the Biblical character qualifications of eldership as set out in Titus 1:7-9 and 1 Timothy 3:8-13.
- Demonstrate the capacity to build, equip and lead ministry teams
- Have experience in disciple-making among children.
- Demonstrate gifting in communication and administration.
- Have the capacity to equip and lead program leaders.
- Be able to align with the Mennonite Brethren Confession of Faith.
Interested candidates are invited to send a resume and a one-page summary of interest in pdf format to firstname.lastname@example.org
Candidates who will be considered for this role will be contacted by March 19th.