Cornerstone & COVID-19
Dear Cornerstone Family,
As a Pastoral Leadership Team, we are following closely the news regarding the spread of COVID-19. Recognizing that we are not medical professionals, we are following updates from Niagara Public Health, Ontario Health, Health Canada, as well as healthcare professionals who are part of our church family.
At this time, Public Health says that the risk remains low in Niagara. The situation is evolving quickly, however, and this risk level could change rapidly.
As your pastors, we ask that if you or your children are experiencing any symptoms, even if they are mild, that you please stay home from work, school, and our church gatherings. These symptoms include fever, cough, and/or shortness of breath. This is not a time to “tough it out.” This is a time to love your neighbour.
As our dear senior brothers and sisters seem to be the most vulnerable to this virus, we want to give you permission to refrain from larger gatherings like our Sunday services. Please note that you can watch the service live-streamed from our website. If you need help accessing our live stream, please call the church office during the week to get help.
For our church gathering on Sunday, we are taking the following steps:
- When you arrive to the building, you will still be greeted with a smile, but we will refrain from customary greetings like shaking hands and hugging.
- We have increased the availability of hand sanitizer throughout the building. One of the most effective ways of preventing the spread of viral illnesses is frequent and thorough hand washing. To ensure you are scrubbing for at least 20 seconds, we encourage you to sing the Doxology.
- We will not be passing the offering plates during the worship service. Instead, our ushers will stand at the exits at the end of the service to receive our offerings. Also note that you are able to give to our shared mission online or via text message.
As a church community, we would like to call us to the following as we seek to be a people marked by faith, rather than fear:
- Let’s be a people devoted to prayer. Ask the Lord to be merciful and stop the spread of this virus. Pray for frontline healthcare workers, that they would have wisdom and strength in adversity. Pray for the gospel of Jesus to spread even faster than this virus
- Followers of Jesus, from the very birth of the church, have been willing to put themselves in harm’s way in order to love and serve others who are sick. If people in our communities are put in isolation or quarantine, we anticipate the opportunity to deliver food and care for those who need it.
- If you are sick, or if you are put in isolation, please call a pastor so that we can pray for you and ensure that you are cared for.
Cornerstone’s Live Stream: https://cornerstonenotl.churchonline.org
Niagara Public Health: https://www.niagararegion.ca/health/covid-19/default.aspx
More in Blog
February 17, 2023Announcement Regarding Sabbatical For Jeff Martens
September 18, 2022Employment Opportunity: Congregational Care Pastor
December 29, 2020The Most Practical Thing You Can Do in 2021 As Jesus' Disciple